1/1 Photo of Apple Cider Doughnuts (Not Fried)
Yummm...doughnuts that aren't bad for you, and a perfect accompaniment to some nice fresh apple cider. From the Detroit Free Press on Oct 14, 2003.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Prheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Spray the molds of 2 mini bundt cake pans (6 cakes per pan) with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a small bowl combine the granulated sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- 4Distribute this cinnamon/sugar mixture evenly amongst the cake pans, shake out the excess onto a sheet of wax paper and return to bowl for use at the end of the recipe.
- 5In a larger bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining 2 tsp of cinnamon and set aside.
- 6In another large bowl whisk together the egg whites, brown sugar, apple butter, maple syrup, apple cider, yogurt, canola oil and vanilla extract.
- 7Add the dry ingredients and stir just'til moistened.
- 8Divide the batter among the prepared molds (approx 2 heaping Tbs of batter per mold).
- 9Sprinkle the reserved cinnamon/sugar mixture on top of the batter in the molds.
- 10Bake 10-12 minutes or'til a wooden pick inserted in a doughnut comes out clean.
- 11Remove from oven, cool 2 minutes in pan, loosen and place doughnuts on a cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cider Doughnuts (Not Fried)
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.1
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 268.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 24.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
nonfat vanilla yogurt