Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This President's Choice recipe is a wonderful cream sauce to serve over pork or chicken, or even veggies; thick, rich and luscious.
- 2 cups sweet apple cider (nonalcoholic)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups whipping cream (heavy)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the cider to a boil and let boil until it's reduced down to 1/2 cup.
- Now whisk in the mustard and cream; season with cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Continue boiling until this mixture reduces down to 1/2 cup.
- Remove from heat and keep warm until ready to serve.
- You could prepare this in advance and reheat gently when it's needed.
- I have made this sauce only once--I don't know why I haven't made it since--and I was impatient and did not let it reduce the second time all the way down to 1/2 cup; it was still rich, luscious and very, very yummy.