Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried jelly. I'm posting this for safe keeping. I found this recipe Complete Book Of Small Batch Preserves. This full bodied taste of fresh apple cider spiced with cinnamon is marvelous on toast and hot biscuits. Try heating the jelly and serve over pancakes or french toast. Reserve the cinnamon stick and add a small piece to each jar for an attractive garnish and more intense cinnamon flavor. I plan to use Splenda for the sugar.
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh pressed apple cider (625 ml)
- 1 cinnamon stick, 4-inches (10 cm)
- 3 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon liquid fruit pectin (1 pouch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cider and cinnamon pieces in a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat and boil gently for 5 minutes. Strain cider through several layers of cheesecloth, reserving cinnamon pieces to add to jars. Rinse saucepan.
- Measure 2 cups (500 ml) cider and return to saucepan; add sugar. Bring to a full boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin, return to a full boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Ladle into sterilized jars, add one piece of cinnamon to each jar and process as directed.