Recipe by Derf
Try this recipe with pork chops also, very good with either.
Top Review by Kree
This chicken has a great flavor. My family really enjoyed it. It did come out a little tough, though, which may have just been the chicken breasts themselves. Even so, I plan on letting it simmer a little longer next time to make sure it gets nice and tender. I'll definitely be making this again!
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tart apple, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons grated gingerroot
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Sprinkle mixture on both sides of chicken.
- Heat oil in large frypan over medium high heat until hot.
- Add chicken, cook until browned on both sides.
- Add apple cider, vinegar, quartered tart apple, raisins and gingerroot, mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Remove chicken and apple from frypan, place on serving platter, keep warm.
- Increase heat to high, bring cider mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook until slightly thickened.
- Pour mixture over chicken and apple.