Fall will be here soon. I can almost hear the leaves rustling now. Have fun with this fondue on a cool fall evening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups sparkling apple cider
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- fresh ground black pepper
- cheddar cheese cube
- waffle, pieces
- sausage, slices (summer sausage)
- apple, slices
- 1In a medium-sized mixing bowl, toss the cheese and cornstarch together.
- 2Add the cider and lemon juice to a saucepan; heat over medium heat until just barely simmering.
- 3Add the cheese mixture to the saucepan, a handful at a time; stir until the cheese is melted before adding the next handful of cheese.
- 4Add in the salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pepper to taste; stir to blend.
- 5Let cook on low heat for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- 6Pour into a fondue pot and keep warm over the burner OR transfer to a crockpot set on LOW to keep it warm.
- 7Serve with cheddar cheese cubes, waffle pieces, sausage slices, apple slices, or anything else you can think of.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cider-Cheddar Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.6
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.4 mg
- Sodium 397.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sparkling apple cider