Fall will be here soon. I can almost hear the leaves rustling now. Have fun with this fondue on a cool fall evening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups sparkling apple cider
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- fresh ground black pepper
- cheddar cheese cube
- waffle, pieces
- sausage, slices (summer sausage)
- apple, slices
- 1In a medium-sized mixing bowl, toss the cheese and cornstarch together.
- 2Add the cider and lemon juice to a saucepan; heat over medium heat until just barely simmering.
- 3Add the cheese mixture to the saucepan, a handful at a time; stir until the cheese is melted before adding the next handful of cheese.
- 4Add in the salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pepper to taste; stir to blend.
- 5Let cook on low heat for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- 6Pour into a fondue pot and keep warm over the burner OR transfer to a crockpot set on LOW to keep it warm.
- 7Serve with cheddar cheese cubes, waffle pieces, sausage slices, apple slices, or anything else you can think of.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cider-Cheddar Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.6
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.4 mg
- Sodium 397.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sparkling apple cider