Superhero's can Cook's Note:
The fall always reminds me of a few things the changing of the leaves, cool crisp air, Halloween and of course warm apple cider doughnuts. These are very yummy and are best served warm. Be sure to make plenty because these don't last very long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small sauce pan, bring two cups of apple cider to a gentle boil.
- 2Dissolve yeast in the apple cider for about 5 minutes.
- 3Put cake mix and flour in a large bowl.
- 4Add the cider with the yeast and mix well. The dough will be soft.
- 5Cover with a dish cloth and let rise about 1 hours.
- 6Roll dough out on floured counter.
- 7Cut the dough using 2 circle cutters. I like to use a drinking glass for the larger circle and a clean pill bottle for the smaller hole.
- 8Cover and let rise for 30- 45 minute.
- 9Fry in vegetable oil for about 3 minutes per side.
- 10Remove carefully from oil and place in a bowl with cinnamon and sugar.
- 11Coat well on both sides and put on a cooling rack.
- 12Best when served warm with a cold glass of apple cider!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cider Cake Mix Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.1
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 285.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 6.6 g