Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
The fall always reminds me of a few things the changing of the leaves, cool crisp air, Halloween and of course warm apple cider doughnuts. These are very yummy and are best served warm. Be sure to make plenty because these don't last very long.
- In a small sauce pan, bring two cups of apple cider to a gentle boil.
- Dissolve yeast in the apple cider for about 5 minutes.
- Put cake mix and flour in a large bowl.
- Add the cider with the yeast and mix well. The dough will be soft.
- Cover with a dish cloth and let rise about 1 hours.
- Roll dough out on floured counter.
- Cut the dough using 2 circle cutters. I like to use a drinking glass for the larger circle and a clean pill bottle for the smaller hole.
- Cover and let rise for 30- 45 minute.
- Fry in vegetable oil for about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove carefully from oil and place in a bowl with cinnamon and sugar.
- Coat well on both sides and put on a cooling rack.
- Best when served warm with a cold glass of apple cider!
I didn't care for the flavor of these. The dough was bland.
I loved the taste of these quick and easy donuts. This makes a lot but they went fast at my house. Thanks for sharing. Made for My Three Chefs.