Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A wonderful blend of Fall Flavors. The glaze sets up like a Fondant. And is extra yummy! :-)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box carrot cake mix
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box caramel flavored cake mix
- 6 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- 3⁄4 cup English toffee bits
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 cup English toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs, oil, pumpkin, extracts and pie spice and cider. Mix well.
- Add the cake mixes and beat on low speed until well blended.
- Stir in the heath bits.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 55-65 minutes until tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on rack.
- Invert to cool. It can still be warm to glaze. Place the cake, on the rack over a cookie sheet.
- Glaze: In a small sauce pan brown the butter over med. heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until sugar is melted and all is combined well.
- Drizzle slowly over the cake. This sets up very fast.
- Scrape the extra glaze that runs off back into the saucepan.
- Reheat and drizzle a second time.
- Sprinkle right away with more (1/4 cup) Heath bits.
- Note: You can substitute the Caramel Cake mix with Spice cake mix.
This was a yummy cake, as stated. I couldn't get hazelnut extract, so subbed vanilla. I followed the directions for the fondant/glaze. The problem was when I cut the cake into slices, the glaze fell off! I will try this again, but try a different glaze. Danke, Koechin!