Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This loaf is warm and makes the whole house smell good while baking
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 whole large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Grease and flour two loaf pans.
- Cream the butter and 1-1/4 cup of the sugar together in a large bowl. Add eggs and cream thoroughly.
- Sift the dry ingredients together. Add them to the egg mixture, alternating with the apple cider. Stir in the chopped apples.
- Divide the batter between the prepared loaf pans. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl, and sprinkle it evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 50 to 70 minutes for or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
GJ, this was the first thing I baked in my new oven! Delicious, and a perfect breakfast treat with hot coffee!