Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is being posted in response to a request.
Make and share this Apple Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups apples, cored and chopped (preferably granny smith)
- 1 cup lovage, fresh
- 1 red bell pepper, cored,seeded and chopped
- 1 ripe tomatoes, cored,peeled,chopped
- 1 green tomato, cored,chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup ginger, peeled,minced
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- First prepare all of your ingredients.
- Take out a non-reactive pan, and combine all ingredients.
- Bring these ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat stirring constantly.
- Turn your heat to around medium low and allow mixture to simmer uncovered for approximately 45 minutes until thickened.
- Prepare your jars etcetera in a water bath according to proper standards.
- Then fill your jars with the hot thickened mixture from the pan, and be sure to leave 1/4 inch of space in your jar and then seal properly.
- Complete water bath in boiling water for 15 minutes.