Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sister-in-law Shannon loves all kinds of Chutney so we found this for her. Excellent served with cream cheese and a variety of meat dishes.
- 5 cups peeled cored and chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 seeded lemon, with rind chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped candied ginger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 lb brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Combine all ingredients.
- Cook at medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Simmer until mixture thickens and mounds in spoon when stirred.
- Pour into sterilized jars, seal and process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Yield: 4 half pints.