Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
I had this for dessert in a movie bistro many years ago. Very simple but tasty treat! The chocolate should be at least 70 percent. The pecans can of course remain raw if you prefer that to toasting them.
- 1 apple, tart
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ounce chocolate, dark
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon pecans, toasted
- Slice the apple thinly and decoratively spread the slices on a plate.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Roughly chop the chocolate and sprinkle over the apple slices.
- Do the same with the toasted pecans.
- Sprinkle the cranberries over them, too.
- Top with maple syrup.
Wow! Mia, you are so right this is very simple yet some how very comforting and really yummy. Using high quality ingredients is a must to making this simple dish special, so please fall Mia's advice about toast the pecans and using a dark chocolate that is 70 percent or better. Made as written and next time will add another 1/2 tablespoon of toasted pecans just because I really like toasted nuts. Will be making again. Thanks for the outstanding post.
Excellent salad. I used apples from the backyard tree and chopped up a Bark Thins for the chocolate. Made for CQ 14.
I made this for breakfast, going light on the chocolate and really enjoyed it! A nice mix of flavors, just yummy! Made for Everyday is a Holiday game.