1/2 Photos of Apple Chocolate Pudding
1 hr 30 mins
Good Looking Cooking's Note:
This is from a book called Celebrating Chocolate written by Beverley Sutherland Smith.This pudding is light, not too sweet and has a moist, almost sticky texture.It looks like a cake and can be served as one and slices beautifully once cooled. I also substituted flaked almonds instead of the walnuts and apricots can also be use in place of apples.Just divine served with the cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 425 g apricots or 425 g apples, pie-packed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 125 g butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 60 g chocolate, cut into tiny pieces
- 1/4 cup sultana
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- icing sugar, to dust
- 1Preheat oven to moderate - 180°C.
- 2Butter base and sides of a 20cm cake tin and line base with non-stick baking paper.
- 3Mix pie-pack fruit with 2 tablespoons of sugar and lemon juice and set aside.
- 4Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 5Add egg and beat well.
- 6Sift flour, baking powder,bicarb and cinnamon over top and mix. This forms a very stiff mixture.
- 7Stir in fruit mixture (apple or apricot), chocolate, sultanas and nuts. Mix well.
- 8Tip mixture into prepared tin and bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until firm to touch on top.
- 9Leave to cool for 5 minutes before inverting on to a serving plate. Dust with sifted icing sugar.
- 10Serve with vanilla or brandy custard, ice-cream or lightly whipped cream sweetened with a few drops of vanilla and a little castor sugar.
- 11Note: I prefer this served warm, so with the left overs I zapped each individual slice in the microwave for about 15 seconds and it was just right.
- 12Note: I also used a 385g can of pie apples as this was all I had on hand and it was perfect.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Chocolate Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.4
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 79.7 mg
- Sodium 375.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 40.2 g
- Protein 7.3 g