Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was found in the 1997 cookbook, Vegetarian Planet. Recommended for quesadillas or burritos.
Top Review by teresas
A 5 star for sure...we enjoyed the freshness of the apple...along with all the other yummy goodies...I would suggest that you chop your apple last...mine was starting to turn brown before I was able to throw in the lime juice mixture...served it with some burritos for lunch...I made as posted and used a fuji apple and left the skin on for color...thanks for posting it...:)
- 3 apples, cored, chopped (sweet ones like Fuji or Golden Delicious)
- 236.59 ml red onion, minced
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded, diced small
- 2 chipotle peppers, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 59.14 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml apple cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml cilantro, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine apples with onion & bell peppers.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together chipotles with garlic, lime juice, cider vinegar, olive oil & cilantro, then add this mixture to the apple mixture, stirring well before adding the salt & pepper to taste.
- Although best served the day it's made, this salsa can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.