Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up for this while trying to use the ingredients on hand. The apples complement the apple chicken sausage perfectly. The lemon juice, chili powder and chicken bouillon was added to lessen the sweetness caused by the apples so if you prefer spicier or sweeter feel free to change the ratios.
- 453.59-907.18 g chicken apple sausage
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 59.14 ml onion (chopped)
- 4.92 ml to taste balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 29.58 ml chicken flavored bouillon
- 2 apples (chopped to preferred size)
- 1 tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 celery ribs (chopped)
- 473.18 ml rice (uncooked)
- Cook the rice according to its directions so it is finished at the same time.
- When there is 20 minutes left in the cooking time for the rice remove the casing from the sausage and brown while breaking the sausage up.
- When the sausage is near done add the garlic and onion to brown.
- Once sausage is done and the garlic is preferred state add the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, chili powder, bouillon crystals, apple, tomato and lemon juice.
- When the apples haven softened (a sauce should be forming) add the celery (for texture).
- When the sauce and celery are to your preference it is ready to serve. Top the rice with the stir-fry.