Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad makes a very nice packed lunch for work or a picnic.
- 5 -6 ounces cooked chicken, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped apple
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing (or your favourite)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- nuts (to sprinkle)
- In a medium bowl, gently stir together, chicken, apple, celery and raisins.
- In a small bowl, whisk together, dressing and brown sugar, pour over chicken mixture.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Serve on lettuce leaves, sprinkle nuts of your choice over.
You are right, Dorothy. This was a perfect take to work lunch salad. Simple yet flavor-filled ingredients. I made enough to serve 6 because I needed to use up some left-over chicken. My husband and I will eat on it the rest of the week. I sprinkled some sunflower seeds on top which added to the crunch. Thanks for another great recipe.
I did as you suggested and packed this as my lunch. This is a great salad. I sprinkled with toasted walnuts but just about any nut would work. Nice and light. Excellent flavor. Thanks Dorothy.
Another winner from Derf. We really enjoyed this tasty salad. I so enjoyed this recipe that I have made it twice already. It's quick and easy to make and tastes amazing. So much flavor and texture. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe that is going into my keeper box. With recipes like this, I am really starting to enjoy salads, thank you so much.