Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great lunch or party finger food. Three wedges = one serving.
Make and share this Apple Chicken Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas, warmed (8 inches)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 6 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place about 3/4 cup on half of each tortilla. Fold tortilla in half over filling and secure with toothpicks.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully turn quesadillas over; bake 5-8 minutes longer or until golden brown. Discard toothpicks. Cut each quesadilla into three wedges. Serve with lettuce, salsa and sour cream.
Very tasty quesadillas. I cooked for a large group and all comments were very positive. I used a panini grill.
We loved these quesadillas! I used gala apples julienned and skipped the fresh tomato. Served with salsa and sour creme, these were a light but filling (and healthy) lunch over the weekend. Love the blending of the tart and spicy flavors. Thanks seesko for another new recipe idea! Made for POTLUCK TAG, Feb 2009.