Recipe by Celeste :)
from the Lawry's company cookbook (this recipe specifically calls for "Lawry's Dijon & Honey Marinade With Lemon Juice")...TIP: Remove foil during last 10 minutes of cooking to brown chicken. For a thicker gravy, stir 2 T. all-purpose flour into 1/4 cup broth or water until smooth. Stir into gravy. Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring frequently, 8 minutes or until thickened.
- 4 lbs roasting chickens
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup apple cider or 1 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons chicken marinade (see the specific type in the recipe description, or use something similar)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove broth from can; set aside broth. Remove label from can and wash well. In can, combine apple cider with marinade; set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt and pepper. In roasting pan, stand chicken up, insering filled can into the cavity. Pour 1 cup broth into pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Grill, rotating pan occassionally, 1 hour 20 minutes or until thermometer inserted in thickest part reaches 165*F. Carefully remove can from chicken, pouring broth mixture into pan. Remove chicken to cutting board; discard can.
- Cook broth mixture over medium-high heat, scraping up brown bits from bottom. Simmer, stirring occassionally, 8 minutes.