Recipe by Annacia
This looks great. Found on a recipe card at the market. I'm posting the exact recipe but I'd use a little more cheese I think.
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! I used a shredded deli chicken, a red Delicious apple, and glazed pecans for this great salad. Light and refreshing. Thanks Annacia for sharing. Made for ZWT 8 - Great Britain.
- 2 (5 -6 ounce) chicken breasts
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 large apple (Braeburn preferred, halved, cored and sliced thinly)
- 1 cup pecans, toasted (walnuts ok too)
- 1⁄2 cup light vinaigrette (your favorite)
- 2 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled
- additional vinaigrette (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a lg grill pan with a non stick cooking spray. Place over med heat. Add chicken and cook 5-6 mins per side or until it reaches 165 degrees inside. Remove from heat, slice into strips and set aside.
- In a lg bowl combine spinach, apple slices, nuts and vinaigrette, toss to coat. Place salad on 4 plates, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each salad evenly with sliced chicken and 1 Tbsp of the crumbled cheese. Drizzle with more dressing if you wish and serve at once.