Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Apple, Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
- 2 apples
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet mushroom soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 8 brown button mushrooms
- salt & pepper
- Peel, core and dice apples.
- Place chicken, onion and apple in a casserole dish with the mushroom soup mix, thyme, mustard and water.
- Place a tight fitting lid on top.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Clean mushrooms and cut in half.
- Mix with chicken in casserole.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.