Nummy fall dish, be sure to use apples that keep their shape when cooked, such as golden delicious. adapted from Canadian Living mag.
- Sprinkle chicken with thyme, salt and pepper.
- In large frypan, heat half of the oil over medium high heat; brown chicken all over.
- Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining oil to frypan.
- Cook apples and onion, stirring occasionsally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add apple cider, bring to boil, stirring and scraping up brown bits from pan.
- Return chicken to frypan.
- Cover and cook over medium low heat, turning once, until no longer pink inside, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter.
- Whisk vinegar with cornstarch; whisk into frypan and cook, stirring, until glossy and thickened, about 1 minute.
- Pour over chicken.