This quick-to-make bread makes great holiday gifts for friends and family! I found this recipe in a folder of magazine and newspaper clippings that I ran across when I was cleaning up my office.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried apple
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of 6 mini loaf pans, 6x3x2.
- In a large bowl combine 3 cups flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- In another smaller bowl whisk eggs; whisk in 1 1/3 cups brown sugar, applesauce, and oil.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until just moistened; batter will be lumpy. Stir in the dried cherries.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans and spread evenly.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix the 1/2 cup flour and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans and chopped apples.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over batter in pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack.