Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this on starchefs, a delicious sounding recipe. I have not tried it yet so serving size is a guesstimate
- 6 Red Delicious apples
- 6 granny smith apples
- 1 cup dried cherries (or 1 1/2 cups fresh)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- Peel and core apples. Cut into 1/8-inch pieces. Simmer all filling ingredients until apples become soft.
- Put first 4 ingredients in mixer bowl with paddle attachment.
- Cut butter into small cubes and chill. Add to above ingredients and mix until mealy. Add pecans to above and pulse to mix.
- Place apple mixture in a large 2-inch deep baking dish. Top with crisp topping. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes until top is browned.
Delicious! I only used 3 tablespoons of raspberry liqueur as I only had a small amount left in the bottle, and it still turned out wonderful, I am going to try this using dried cranberries in place of dried cherries next time I make it, thanks for sharing Marra!