Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Washington Apple Commision. No sugar, no fat! Serve on pancakes, waffles, toast, English muffins or graham crackers.
- In medium saucepan, combine apples, cherries, fruit juice, and cinnamon stick.
- Cover and bring to simmer over medium heat; cook 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Uncover and reduce heat to low; cook 15 to 20 minutes longer or until apples are very soft but retain their shape.
- Remove cinnamon stick. Add lemon zest to apple mixture.
- In blender or food processor, puree apple mixture until chunky spread forms. Cool completely.
- Chill before serving. Store in refrigerator.