Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is really good with the cherry pie filling added to it.
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced unpeeled apple
- 595.33 g can cherry pie filling
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 354.88 ml Raisin Bran cereal, crushed to 3/4 cup
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter an 8-inch square baking dish or pan.
- Combine apples and cherry pie filling in pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cinnamon and Raisin Bran in a bowl.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or till apples are tender.
I really enjoyed this dessert, it was easy, very flavorful and fresh, not too heavy. I did make a couple of changes but only to suit my specific tastes, not because the recipe needed it. I added pecan peices to the topping to add a little crunch and I peeled my apples and cut them into small chunks which resulted in a firmer texture to the apples in the dessert, which was what I wanted. Excellent dessert with or without any changes.
Excellent disguise for my aging apples! I may double the apples next time. I used no-sugar-added cherry pie filling and this was superb! This was quick, easy, and definitely a keeper! Thanks!