Recipe by Darlene Summers
This is really good with the cherry pie filling added to it.
Top Review by SummerSea
I really enjoyed this dessert, it was easy, very flavorful and fresh, not too heavy. I did make a couple of changes but only to suit my specific tastes, not because the recipe needed it. I added pecan peices to the topping to add a little crunch and I peeled my apples and cut them into small chunks which resulted in a firmer texture to the apples in the dessert, which was what I wanted. Excellent dessert with or without any changes.
- 1 cup thinly sliced unpeeled apple
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups Raisin Bran cereal, crushed to 3/4 cup
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter an 8-inch square baking dish or pan.
- Combine apples and cherry pie filling in pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cinnamon and Raisin Bran in a bowl.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or till apples are tender.