1 hr 30 mins
I made this for Company last night and it was fabulous and so easy... Got it from Betty Crockers Fall Baking Magazine...I used a Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust. The only thing I changed is I used Splenda instead of sugar as I was feeding a diabetic...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cut cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 cups peeled tart apples, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tart red cherries, well drained
- 1Place sheet of foil on oven rack below the rack pie will be baked on to catch any drips.
- 2Heat oven to 375°F.
- 3Put pastry into a pie pan, crimp edges.
- 4In large bowl, mix filling ingredients until fruit is coated.
- 5Spoon into pastry-lined pie plate.
- 6In medium bowl, mix 1 cup flour and 3/4 cup sugar. Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until coarse crumbs form.
- 7Stir in almond extract and egg.
- 8Spoon topping over filling as evenly as possible.
- 9Bake pie uncovered 20 minutes or until topping and crust begin to brown.
- 10Cover entire surface of pie with another sheet of foil to prevent overbrowning;.
- 11Bake 30 to 40 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown, and pie is bubbly.
- 12Cool completely, about 1 hour, before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Cherry Cobbler Pie
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.1
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 43.5 mg
- Sodium 169.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 44.6 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: