Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
From November 2007 Holiday Appetizers & Mini Desserts cookbook from Pillsbury.
Make and share this Apple Cherry Brie Appetizer recipe from Food.com.
- With sharp knife, carefully remove rind from cheese. Wrap cheese in plastic wrap; freeze 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat apple, cherries, sugar and 1/4 cup of the water to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fruit is tender.
- In small bowl, mix cornstarch, cinnamon, remaining 1/4 cup water and orange juice until well blended. Add to apple mixture, stirring constantly. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat; stir in walnuts.
- Heat oven to 375°F Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil. On foil in pan, unroll dough into 1 large rectangle (if using crescent rolls, firmly press perforations to seal). Press into 11x9-inch rectangle. Cut 11x3-inch strip from 1 side of rectangle; set aside.
- Cut cheese round horizontally to make 2 rounds. Place cheese rounds next to each other in center of dough rectangle. Roll sides of dough up next to cheese, forming a rim around cheese. Top cheese evenly with apple mixture. Cut remaining strip of dough into 6 (1/2-inch wide) strips. Place 3 strips lengthwise across cheese. Cut remaining strips in half; place across other strips to make lattice; press edges to seal, tucking under if necessary. Fold foil edges up about 1 inch from dough; pinch corners of foil together.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Cover with foil; bake about 5 minutes longer or until golden brown and cheese is softened. Let stand 10 minutes. To serve, cut in half lengthwise, then into crosswise strips. Serve warm.