Recipe by Tisme
After searching for a gluten free apple slice recipe, I finally found this on the Philadelphia site. I have not made it yet, but I am going to make this very soon, although I might make my own apple filling.
- 2 cups Rice Crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 150 g butter, melted
- 500 g cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 400 g pie apples, gluten free
- raw sugar and coconut, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the rice crumbs, sugar and spice. Stir through butter and press into a lined 30 x 20cm pan. Bake at 180ºC for 10 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese, then cream, sugar and egg until well combined. Fold the mix through the apple. Spoon mixture over the base and sprinkle with sugar and coconut.
- Bake at 180ºC for 30 ? 35 minutes until base is crisp, and top is golden. Cool and cut into squares.