Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is such a pretty cheesecake. Golden baked apple slices, cinnamon, and sugar on top. YUMMY!!! 4 hour chill time. Note: 3/29/06 I have adjusted the cooking time on this recipe from 400 to 325. I can't find my orginal recipe so I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me anything.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups peeled cored and sliced cooking apples (such as Granny Smith or Golden Delicious)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl beat the 1/3 cup sugar, margarine or butter, shortening, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla on medium speed until combined.
- Blend in flour and salt until crumbly.
- Pat onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Set aside.
- Place apple slices in a single layer in a shallow baking pan.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in a 400 degree F.
- oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese, the 1/2 cup sugar, and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, beating on low speed just until combined.
- Pour into dough-lined pan.
- Arrange warm apple slices atop filling.
- Combine the 1/3 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
- Sprinkle filling with sugar mixture and the almonds.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 40 minutes or until golden and filling is set; cool.
- Remove sides and place cheesecake on a serving plate.
- Cover; chill 4 to 24 hours before serving.
The cheesecake was way too thin, dry and not really much taste. The crust was too crumbly. I had made this for mothers day and thank goodness I taste tested this the morning of my dinner. I had to scrap the whole thing and make something else!
The bake temp is wayt oo high for a cheesecake