1 hr 25 mins
This is such a pretty cheesecake. Golden baked apple slices, cinnamon, and sugar on top. YUMMY!!! 4 hour chill time. Note: 3/29/06 I have adjusted the cooking time on this recipe from 400 to 325. I can't find my orginal recipe so I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me anything.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine or 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups peeled cored and sliced cooking apples (such as Granny Smith or Golden Delicious)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1In a medium mixing bowl beat the 1/3 cup sugar, margarine or butter, shortening, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla on medium speed until combined.
- 2Blend in flour and salt until crumbly.
- 3Pat onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Place apple slices in a single layer in a shallow baking pan.
- 6Cover with foil.
- 7Bake in a 400 degree F.
- 8oven for 15 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile, for filling, in a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese, the 1/2 cup sugar, and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until fluffy.
- 10Add the eggs, beating on low speed just until combined.
- 11Pour into dough-lined pan.
- 12Arrange warm apple slices atop filling.
- 13Combine the 1/3 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
- 14Sprinkle filling with sugar mixture and the almonds.
- 15Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 40 minutes or until golden and filling is set; cool.
- 16Remove sides and place cheesecake on a serving plate.
- 17Cover; chill 4 to 24 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.7
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 76.8 mg
- Sodium 207.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 5.5 g