Recipe by Kaccy G.
This is such a pretty cheesecake. Golden baked apple slices, cinnamon, and sugar on top. YUMMY!!! 4 hour chill time. Note: 3/29/06 I have adjusted the cooking time on this recipe from 400 to 325. I can't find my orginal recipe so I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me anything.
Top Review by Boatwench Hart
The cheesecake was way too thin, dry and not really much taste. The crust was too crumbly. I had made this for mothers day and thank goodness I taste tested this the morning of my dinner. I had to scrap the whole thing and make something else!
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups peeled cored and sliced cooking apples (such as Granny Smith or Golden Delicious)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl beat the 1/3 cup sugar, margarine or butter, shortening, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla on medium speed until combined.
- Blend in flour and salt until crumbly.
- Pat onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Set aside.
- Place apple slices in a single layer in a shallow baking pan.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in a 400 degree F.
- oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese, the 1/2 cup sugar, and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, beating on low speed just until combined.
- Pour into dough-lined pan.
- Arrange warm apple slices atop filling.
- Combine the 1/3 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
- Sprinkle filling with sugar mixture and the almonds.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 40 minutes or until golden and filling is set; cool.
- Remove sides and place cheesecake on a serving plate.
- Cover; chill 4 to 24 hours before serving.