Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another recipe I found on a German website! APEEL KASE KUCHEN
- 395.10 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 623.68 g ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon
- 78.07 ml flour
- 2 apples (1 lb.)
- 0.25 ml salt
- Lay flour on a board or countertop and sprinkle with baking powder and sugar.
- Make a well and drop in the egg and vanilla extract. Cut the butter or.
- margarine in slices over the top. Knead into a smooth dough. Roll out and.
- line a greased springform pan (10” X 3”) with it making sure the dough is halfway up the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- Separate eggs and beat the egg whites with a dash of salt until stiff. Place inches.
- the refrigerator. Beat the egg yolks with sugar until creamy, add ricotta cheese.
- and grate the rind of the lemon over it. Add the flour and beat until mixed.
- well. Peel apples, quarter them, remove the core and cut into thin slices. Stir.
- in the cheese mixture, fold the stiff egg whites into it and then spread evenly onto the cake dough. bake in a 350 degree oven 60-70 minutes, until he edge of the cake is golden. After baking let the cake sit in the pan for ten.
- minutes. Loosen the edge with a knife and let it cool in the pan for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle the top with powdered sugar after it has cooled.
A fresh and airy cheese cake with apples.<br/>I repalced the ricotta with light fresh cheese and it came out perfect. <br/>The texture was great and the filling was divine.<br/><br/>Made for pammyowl's Cook a Thon.