Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found myself with a whole package of wheat tortillas to use up. I turned them into a treat after finding this recipe in a Light and Tasty Magazine. I added a few extras to my version. You can serve these with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or both!
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 medium baking apples (I used Gala Apples)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins, dried cranberries, dried cherries (whatever you have on hand)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 wheat flour tortillas
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat, stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Add apples, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook until apples are tender. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Cool.
- Place tortilla on a square piece of foil.
- Top with apples mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold in sides of tortilla and roll up.
- Wrap in foil.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- After baking, unwrap foil and drizzle top with honey.