1 hr 20 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
This is a take-off on the more common apple noodle kugel [OR more specifically on KITTENCAL's Fantastic Apple-Cranberry Apricot Matzoh Kugel!, here on Zaar], & although it doesn't have the cheddar cheese taste of the good ol' apple-pie-and-cheese [from my childhood], it's a pleasant, mild-tasting variation!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked cheese tortellini, al dente
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F & butter the bottom & sides of a 3-quart casserole dish (OR a 13x9-inch glass baking dish).
- 2In a bowl, mix together sliced apples, pie filling, brown sugar & orange juice.
- 3In a large bowl, thoroughly whisk eggs.
- 4To eggs add salt, cinnamon, granulated sugar, melted butter, cranberries & apricots, mixing to combine.
- 5Add tortellini and apple mixture to egg mixture; mix well.
- 6Pour into prepared casserole dish, then cover with foil.
- 7Bake 45 minutes, then remove foil and bake another 20 minutes or so, until apples are tender.
- 8Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple & Cheese Tortellini Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.6
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 143.7 mg
- Sodium 166.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 44.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: