Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 large granny smith apples, skins on,and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon unbleached white flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- water, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the apples with the brown sugar, honey, 1 tablespoon flour, and cinnamon.
- Toss well.
- Divide the apple mixture among 6 custard cups.
- Sprinkle each tart with some cheese.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, sugar, margarine, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle evenly over the tarts.
- Sprinkle with a little water to moisten.
- Bake until the apples are cooked and the topping is browned, about 20 minutes.