Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted for ZWT7- Switzerland. Found on alleasyrecipes.com. Note: Cook time is refrigerator time.
- 4 red apples, unpeeled, cored and diced
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 236.59 ml diced celery
- 236.59 ml swiss cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml sharp prepared mustard
- salt and pepper
- lettuce leaf, washed and dried
- 118.29 ml chopped filberts or 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- Put apples in a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice. Add celery and cheese.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add to apple mixture. Refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Serve in lettuce cups sprinkled with nuts.
OH MY GOODNESS! I have always been a fan of classic Waldorf Salad, but this beats it hands down with the addition of cheese. DH doesn't like Waldorf at all, and he loved this too. I used some Swiss and some Havarti I had on hand. The mustard gives this another subtle flavor which is quite nice. I won't make apple salad any other way now. Excellent recipe! ZWT7 - Shady Ladies
What a nice little salad! Who would have thought, mustard? It was delish and I will certainly make this again. Next time I'll skip the nuts. Made for ZWT7 Shady Ladies. Yummmmm.
This was a nice change for a salad. I loved the crispness of the apple and celery and the musard was a nice touch. A nice refreshing lunch. Thanks! Made for ZWT-Switzerland 2011.