Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice summer side dish or light lunch served on a bed of lettuce.
- 2 tart apples, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, diced into about 3/4-inch cubes
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, toss diced apples with the 2 tsp lemon juice to coat well.
- Add celery, walnuts and cheese; toss.
- Add mayonnaise salt (if desired) and pepper; gently toss to coat.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.