Top Review by Rainbow*Bubbles
Yum! I love ricotta and jam, and filo pastry's so light and crispy, this recipe is great! I sprayed the filo with cooking spray instead of butter and it went really crispy but not soggy (which was what I'd been worried about with the jam). I also used Splenda instead of sugar to lighten it up and used sugar-free jam, but it still tasted amazing. It's my new favourite dessert, I might try making it in muffin tins next time for indiviual servings. Thanks for a great pie idea!
- 6 sheets phyllo dough
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam (regular or light)
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 egg
- 4 medium apples, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 2 sheets of phyllo in centre of a 9-inch pie plate, allowing edges to overhang. Brush lightly with butter. Repeat twice.
- Spread bottom of phyllo with jam.
- Whisk together cheese, 3 tablespoons sugar, lemon rind and egg; pour over jam.
- Combine apples with remaining sugar and cinnamon. Arrange apples over top of cheese layer.
- Carefully roll and crumble overhanging edges of phyllo and tuck into pie plate, making a rim.
- Bake at 375F for 45 to 55 minutes, or until apples are tender and cheese is set. Cool at room temperature; refrigerate. Serve warm or cold.