Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A nice combination of apples and cheese - a classic!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup apple pie filling or 1 cup chopped apples or 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease pans.
- Cream margarine and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Sift flour, soda and salt and stir into creamed.
- Stir in oats, apple cheese and nuts, mixing well.
- Add milk last.
- Spoon into pans and bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.
these were interesting- i love the apple and cheese combination. they did not rise very well and were a bit greasy but they were very moist from the apple sauce.