Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 6 cups peeled and sliced cooking apples
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- toasted sliced almonds
- vanilla ice cream
- arrange apples in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- combine water and lemon juice and sprinkle over apples; top with cheese.
- combine flour and next 4-ingredients.
- cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- sprinkle over cheese.
- bake at 350-f oven for 40 minutes or until tender.
- serve warm topped with ice cream and sprinkled almonds.