1 hr 35 mins
Tee Lee's Note:
Apples, cheddar cheese and a cream cheese topping.... these bars sound delicious. I haven't made them yet, but I can't wait to try them. (Prep time is a guess). Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium apples, peeled and shredded (Golden Delicious, Rome, Granny Smith, Jonathan or Newtown Pippin)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2For the crust, in a medium bowl, combine 2 cups flour, butter, 1/2 cup sugar, egg yolks and baking powder.
- 3Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined (mixture will be crumbly).
- 4Press half of the crumb mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- 5Bake 10-12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- 6For filling, in a large bowl combine shredded apples, cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup flour and the cinnamon.
- 7Spread the filling evenly over the crust.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture and set aside.
- 9In a medium bowl beat the egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- 10Gradually beat in powdered sugar and softened cream cheese.
- 11Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the top layer of crumb mixture.
- 12Bake 30-35 minutes more or until golden brown.
- 13Cool in pan, cut into bars and serve.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cheese Bars
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.1 mg
- Sodium 74.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g