Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adorable little appetizer that's fun to make, fun to show off, and fun to eat. And it's tasty to boot. I understand this came from Southern Living, October 1998. Be sure to soften the cream cheese beforehand for ease of processing.
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- Process first 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Chill 30 minutes.
- Shape cheese mixture into a ball, and make an indentation in the top to resemble an apple. Chill ball 30 minutes.
- Coat ball heavily with paprika; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Insert cinnamon stick and bay leaf into indentation to resemble apple stem and leaf. Serve with assorted crackers.