Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are tasty little snacks or appetizers. They compliment Cheddar Butternut Squash Soup nicely.
Make and share this Apple Cheddar Walnut Toasts recipe from Food.com.
- 12 slice whole wheat french bread, thin slices (narrow kind)
- 1 tart apple, cored, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml walnut pieces
- 0.25 ml black pepper, to garnish
- Preheat the broiler. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast lightly on both sides under the broiler.
- Remove toast from broiler and place 2 apple slices on each toast. Mound the cheese on top. Press the walnut pieces into the cheese. Now return to the broiler until cheese and walnuts are lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with black pepper, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
A tasty snack or even a quick breakfast as you run out the door. The crispy bread and apple combined with the walnuts and warm melted cheese (I used cheddar slices) makes a quick and tasty bite. Thanks so much for the post.
These were yummy. Made these for my kids for a little snack and they enjoyed it a lot. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
Made this as an after-school snack for the kids today and we all liked it.