Recipe by Sharon123
These are tasty little snacks or appetizers. They compliment Cheddar Butternut Squash Soup nicely.
Top Review by Debbwl
A tasty snack or even a quick breakfast as you run out the door. The crispy bread and apple combined with the walnuts and warm melted cheese (I used cheddar slices) makes a quick and tasty bite. Thanks so much for the post.
- 12 slices whole wheat french bread, thin slices (narrow kind)
- 1 tart apple, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- 1 dash black pepper, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast lightly on both sides under the broiler.
- Remove toast from broiler and place 2 apple slices on each toast. Mound the cheese on top. Press the walnut pieces into the cheese. Now return to the broiler until cheese and walnuts are lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with black pepper, if desired. Serve and enjoy!