Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is a little bit of a twist on the turkey burger. The apples are really great in this dish!
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 granny smith apple
- 8 slices extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 4 sandwich-size english muffins
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine turkey, scallions, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Form into four patties, pressing your thumb in the middle of each to prevent it from bulging.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook for 6 minutes on each side for medium. Top each with 3 apple slices and 2 cheese slices, tent the pan with foil and cook until the cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together cranberry sauce and mustard, slather on muffin tops. Pile some lettuce on muffin bottoms, and set the burgers in the middle!
I do most of the cooking for the family and am always in need of new reasonably healthy meal ideas. Intrigued by this recipe's ingredients and feeling adventurous, I decided to give it a shot. Boy was I surprised. The blend of flavors is really fantastic, very tasty indeed! Although the recipe as-is is definitely a keeper, I think next time I'll try it with ground pork as I think the flavors may blend even better.
Absolutely fabulous!!!! Eight million eight hundred and eighty-eight stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a wonderful combination of flavors!!! These toppings transform the turkey burger into a delicious experience!!!! I love the extra-sharp cheddar cheese with the apple and the cranberry sauce. I used Grand Marnier Cranberry Sauce, which is really easy to make and just makes this burger even better!!!!!!! I could go on and on about how good this one is, you must try this burger!!!! Loved it, thanks so much for this wonderful recipe Chez Loieur!!!!