Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Apple Cheddar Turkey Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground turkey breast
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (a generous handful)
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 apple, such as granny smith, cut into 12 slices
- 8 slices extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 4 sandwich-size English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 leaves lettuce
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, scallions, parsley, grill seasoning and poultry seasoning. Form into 4 patties, pressing your thumb into the center of each to prevent it from bulging.
- In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook for 6 minutes on each side for medium.
- Top each with 3 apple slices and 2 cheese slices, tent the pan with foil and cook until the cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cranberry sauce and mustard; slather on the muffin tops. Pile 2 lettuce leaves on each muffin bottom, top with the patties and set the muffin tops into place.