- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2 medium potatoes
- 473.18 ml apple cider
- 2.46 ml dried thyme, crushed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 1 medium apple
- 118.29 ml milk
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and dice potatoes. Peel and chop apple.
- In a large saucepan cook onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in potatoes, cider, thyme, salt, and cayenne. Bring to boil, then reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped apple. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes more or until potatoes are tender.
- Combine milk and flour. Stir into soup. Cook and stir until bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Slowly add cheese and whisk until cheese is melted.