- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 medium apple
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and dice potatoes. Peel and chop apple.
- In a large saucepan cook onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in potatoes, cider, thyme, salt, and cayenne. Bring to boil, then reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped apple. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes more or until potatoes are tender.
- Combine milk and flour. Stir into soup. Cook and stir until bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Slowly add cheese and whisk until cheese is melted.