From Better Homes & Gardens....a wonderful autumn soup!
Make and share this Apple-Cheddar Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and dice potatoes. Peel and chop apple.
- In a large saucepan cook onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in potatoes, cider, thyme, salt, and cayenne. Bring to boil, then reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped apple. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes more or until potatoes are tender.
- Combine milk and flour. Stir into soup. Cook and stir until bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Slowly add cheese and whisk until cheese is melted.
This is a very good soup. I made mine with apple juice, a bit of extra onions and reduced fat cheddar. Easy to put together and tastes very elegant!
Great fall soup ! I did omit the onions, and replaced with a teaspoon onion powder. I peeled the apples, and potatoes. I also used Granny Smith apples too. Made this also with some fresh apple cider made at the apple orchard nearby. The combination of flavors really stood out. Made for a great soup with Curried Chicken With Apples, and we were completely satisified. Made for PRMR tag.
5 star if you substitute broth for apple cider. I'm definitely not a fan of anything too sweet, and I think kids would really like this more than I did (well, I did still give it 5 stars!). I made no changes to this at all (very unusual for me), but next time I would use veggie broth instead of apple cider. Thank you! Made for ZWT6.