Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar. I hope to give it a try soon and make changes if needed.
- 2 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix, Bisquick
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, Sharp, Shredded
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, Melted
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, Packed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups apples, Peeled,Cored, Sliced
- heavy cream, Whipped
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the biscuit mix and the cheddar cheese then stir in the milk and butter.
- Spread the dough into two greased 8-inch layer pans and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt in a large saucepan.
- Stir in the water and cook until clear and thickened.
- Att the apples, cover and simmer until the apples are tender.
- Spoon half of the apple mixture over one layer.
- Top with the second layer and remaining apples.
- Serve warm with whipped cream for a topping.