Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sounds like an unusual combination, but apple pie and cheddar cheese are a traditional pairing. Recipe from Diabetic Cooking magazine
- 236.59 ml plain flour
- 236.59 ml white whole wheat flour
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- 118.29 ml shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 78.07 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml skim milk
- 44.37 ml melted butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flours, sugar, baking power, salt cinnamon and baking soda. Stir in apple and cheese.
- Whisk applesauce, egg, milk and butter in another bowl. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Knead dough on floured surface five times. Pat and stretch into an 8 inch circle. Slice into 10 pie-shaped pieces. Place pieces on baking sheet and spray tops with cooking spray. Bake 15 min or until lightly browned.