1/1 Photo of Apple-cheddar Scones
These are good served warm in the morning with a cup o'tea. They are also good with chili or soups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400°.
- 2In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder,baking soda and salt.
- 3Using pastry blender or fork, cut in margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- 4Stir in cheese and nuts.
- 5Add apple sauce; stir just until moistened.
- 6On floured surface, knead dough gently 5 or 6 times.
- 7Place on ungreased cookie sheet; press into 8-inch circle, about 1/2 inch thick.
- 8Cut into wedges; separate slightly.
- 9Bake for 12 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 10Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-cheddar Scones
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.4
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 29.7 mg
- Sodium 421.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 10.1 g