Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are good served warm in the morning with a cup o'tea. They are also good with chili or soups.
Make and share this Apple-cheddar Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 400°.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder,baking soda and salt.
- Using pastry blender or fork, cut in margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in cheese and nuts.
- Add apple sauce; stir just until moistened.
- On floured surface, knead dough gently 5 or 6 times.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet; press into 8-inch circle, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into wedges; separate slightly.
- Bake for 12 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
Yum! I added a bit more applesauce for moisture and baked it as an oval loaf on the pan instead of cutting it into triangles. I also added about 1/2 tsp of italian herb blend. It was delicious!
My very first attempt at scone making! I wasn't sure I was going to like the outcome but these are very tasty indeed! Not to mention very easy to make. Made this for PAC Fall '08 and can't wait to make again! Thanks VickyJ for a really nice scone recipe!